Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Dirge



I light this candle
in memory
of small bright-eyed children
who were waiting for Santa
until another man came.

And for his soul, too,
damaged  terribly
somewhere along the way.

How to ease this ache
in our collective consciousness?
May we wrap our loving thoughts
around
those good folk
suffering unimaginable grief
today,
so they are blanketed,
and held,
and know that 
they are not alone. 

May its flame remind us
to keep coming from love
and not from fear.
Even when that
is the hardest thing to do.

May its glow shine
along with so many others
across this planet
that we shift from darkness
into light so bright
we all
Wake Up.


10 comments:

  1. And may everyone have a heart as good and as forgiving as yours, my friend.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your lips to God's ears and from your pen to all. Wake up Call! The message is LOVE, over and over. Love thy enemy. Bless you Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry,
    Words cannot express the emotions I felt as I read your poem .... thank you.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, kids. One feels the need to say something, but no words can undo the damage done. Our global consciousness itself must have Post Traumatic Stress, at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and moving words Sherry ~

    I will join you in lighting the candle ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry, truly there are no words.

    For me this happening is beyond poetry. I cannot address the pain. It is too great.

    But I will light a candle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I, too will light a candle in remembrance of those we lost that terrible day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.